Monday, April 21, 2014

Another One Bites the Dust

Another builder basic light GONE!!

I started with this:
Replacing a Basic Light Above Sink in Kitchen


Above my kitchen sink....(ok ok...that is actually the one in my hallway...I hope to get better at taking before pictures).  I realize it isn't a boob light, but it's still pretty ...well....nondescript.





And now I have this:
Replacement Over Sink Light. Ikea Ottava


Ahhhhh...so much better...You are looking at the Ikea Ottava pendant light...the copper cake molds are thrifted.  How good would they look against a dark charcoal gray wall? Something like Sherwin Williams Iron Ore? SO GOOD!  Like the wall color in this Vintage Revivals $150 Guest Room Makeover.
Gray Wall
Vintage Revivals
I am going to raise my cabinets to the ceiling ala Domestic Imperfection.  One thing at a time I suppose.

Have you replaced any light fixtures lately? Taken any trips to Ikea? Is Ikea really far away from you, too, so you have to order things on Ebay, like me, that Ikea doesn't make available online?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to know.