Tuesday, April 22, 2014

I Love Spring...Because I Can Get Outside and Strip and Paint

Get your head out of the gutter. Geez. Perverts.  I mean strip paint off of furniture, of course.  I don't actually go outside and get naked and paint.  Can you imagine what the neighbors would think?  They already have ideas about me.

Here are a few things that I have painted.  I can not get enough of flat white and Krylon Looking Glass Spray Paint.  Not together in the same piece...yet.
Flat White and Looking Glass Spray Paint used in Easy DIY Updates


As far as the Looking Glass Spray Paint goes, I have found that the smoother and shinier the surface is to begin with(the skull planter above), the more mirror-like finish you can achieve.  If it is a duller finish, you will just get a semi-sparkly,  gray color. Here is a dog that I primed black before I used it:
Dog Primed Black and Painted with Looking Glass Spray Paint



Looks kind of like pewter.  Right?

What are you looking forward to doing, now that it's spring? Anything you have been waiting all winter to do?  Anything your dying to paint or strip?

 Oooh... I've already seen a few garage sales!!



Linking to:
Our Sunday Best Showcase Linky Party Button
Our Sunday Best Showcase Linky Party


The DIY'ers Link Party
The DIY'ers



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to know.