Friday, April 11, 2014

Let's start with a rant...whose with me?

What happened to manners?

Perhaps I was raised old fashioned, but I was taught to say “Please” if I wanted something, “Thank you” if I ever wanted anything again, and “Excuse Me” if I needed to get by someone or, heaven forbid, burped(or you know..) in public.  In the past 2 days I have been slammed into and brushed up against numerous times without a single acknowledgment from the offender.  These were not young punk kids either.  These were middle age and older women.  How would they like to be treated this way?  It’s a matter of respect and common courtesy.  What happened? I for one will not be raising my child to be a rude, shoving, brushing up against you while I squeeze by you, slamming into you and acting like it’s your fault, all around inconsiderate and disrespectful person.  I, myself, will continue to say excuse me, please and thank you, because it’s the right thing to do, it’s how I want to be treated, and it’s how I was raised.
Have you experienced any of this rampant rudeness lately? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to know.