Thursday, April 30, 2015

ORC Week 5


I made it.  Week 5.  This post would probably be longer if I told you all the things I didn't get done. HA!

If this is your first visit, you should catch up Week 1Week 2Week 3Week 4

I spilled more paint.  Oh and completely forgot that I have to wait, not 6 or 12 hours between coats, but 24 hours.  You heard that right..24 hours, so that put a damper on things.  I've never been able to just do one coat of paint, on anything, with any kind of paint, and if you tell me you've ever coated completely, in one coat, I'll tell you to show me.  Not that I don't believe you..well..ya...I wouldn't believe you.

Weather has been great here!  Awesome for painting.  My elbow is killing me from painting and drawing.  And taping, can't forget taping...Ugh.  The taping. 

If you follow me on Instagram(or peruse #oneroomchallenge) then you saw that I did finish this:

Gold Geometric Sharpie Wall with Greek Key Ceiling Design


But when I pulled the tape off to reveal the ceiling design, this happened:

Greek Key Ceiling Design in Coral Shades



I'm currently working on this:

Art Deco Door Design Taped Off

Where will I paint? Where will I leave white? What color will I use? I know it probably looks like an optical illusion or a big waste of tape, but there is method in my madness.  You'll have to come back next week and see..and I promise a whole slew of Before and After shots!  Like, I'm going to study the before's and make sure I stand in the same place for the afters.  I'm so excited to see the transformation in side by side fashion.  Woo Hoo!

It is crunch time, people.  Do or Die time.  Time to pull all nighters and start getting realistic and  taking stuff off the list that there just won't be time for.  I'd say this is the calm before the storm, but we are in it people.  


What's left:
Paint walls and ceiling Designer White
Prime and Paint Vanity Midnight Oil
Install Hardware on Vanity
Light Install
Frame Vanity Mirror
Black Toilet Seat
Art
Ceiling Design in Accent Color
Paint Doors with Design(in progress)
Shower Curtain and Rod(Still not hung! HA!)
Rug(I need to do something here, spilled paint on existing, need a miracle)
Faux Transom Window in Shower
Gold Geometric Sharpie Wallpaper Pattern on Wall
Paint, Purge, and Organize Closet and Vanity
Finish and Hang Towel Hooks


Plus, there are touch ups, and I need to scrub off all the chalk and pencil marks that didn't get painted over.  And Styling and taking pictures, can't forget that part.

It looks pretty bad in there right now, but they always say it is Darkest Before the Dawn, that it'll get worse before it gets better. Sure is going to make the Afters gratifying, and not to toot my own horn, but SPECTACULAR!

Ok, so I need to get back to it.  I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel, just yet.  However, I'm so excited to walk in that room, everyday, and LOVE it!!

It's going to be a crazy week.  Thanks for stopping in to see how it's going!  Don't forget to check out the other Linkers and the Main 20 the Pros.

Have a wonderful weekend!


Linking to:


Calling It Home

You may also be interested in:

Mint Art Deco Door
ORC Week 4














White Paneling with Black Trim Detail
ORC Week 3













Basic Bathroom ORC Plan Polyvore Set
One Room Challenge Week 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to know.